The Methodist Church, along with the whole Christian community, believes each person has a value and dignity which comes directly from Gods creation of male and female in Gods own image and likeness. Christians see this as fulfilled by Gods re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things, this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
|Safeguarding Poster - to be displayed, along with the Church Safeguarding Policy and a ChildLine Poster, in every hall, room and entrance lobby
where members of the public and the church meet.|
Note: these documents are also available for downloading on the Policy Downloads Page.
- In an emergency, respond immediately.
- Consult the person to whom you are responsible.
- Decide together whether to seek advice or to make an immediate referral.
- Keep a record of what happened, your concerns and your actions.
- Tell your minister and/or safeguarding representative.
- Only tell others who need to know.
- Listen. Keep listening. Do not question or investigate.
- Do not promise confidentiality; tell them we need to share this.
- Assure them they are not to blame.
- Tell them what you are going to do and that they will be told what happens.
- Make careful notes of what is said, record dates, times, events and when you are told.
- Report it to the person to whom you are responsible and your minister or safeguarding representative.
- Only tell those who need to know.
- Treat everyone with respect, setting a positive example for others.
- Respect personal space and privacy.
- Ensure another adult is present or within sight or hearing of any activity.
- Ensure any actions cannot be misinterpreted by someone else.
- Challenge unacceptable behaviour.
- Do not put anyone, including yourself, in a vulnerable or compromising situation.
- Do not have inappropriate physical or verbal contact with others.
- You must not keep allegations or suspected abuse secret.
Creating Safer Space - Foundation Module training and Refresher training
|Monday 23 September 2019||1:15pm for 1:30pm||Trinity Methodist Church, Biggleswade. Please book using www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for "Creating Safer Space"|
|Wednesday 24 July 2019||6:45pm for 7pm||Howard Memorial Church, Cardington. Please book using www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for "Creating Safer Space"|
|Saturday 9 November 2019||12:15pm for 12:30pm||Priory Methodist Church. Please book using www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for "Creating Safer Space"|
|Sat 6th July, 9:30-13:30||Bury St Edmunds - Northumberland Avenue|
|Tues 23rd July, 9:30-13:30||High Street Methodist Church, Stevenage|
|Fri 9th August, 12:00-16:00||Farley Hill Methodist Church, Luton|
|Tues 3rd Sept, 9:30-13:30||Trinity Methodist Church, Wisbech|
|Fri 13th Sept, 9:30-13:30||Chelmsford - Moulsham Lodge Methodist Church|
|Tues 1st Oct, 12:00-16:00||Lansdeer Road Methodist Church, Ipswich (tbc)|
|Sat 26th Oct, 9:30-13:30||Ludwick Way Methodist Church, Welwyn Garden City|
|Thurs 7th Nov, 12:30-16:30||Pulham Market Methodist Church|
Please book using https://css_advanced_module_july_nov_19.eventbrite.co.uk
Creating Safer Space
Foundation Module Handbook
Volunteer Registration and Role Outline Documents
When churches take on volunteers the registration and role outline documents must be completed.
Find the contact details for the Circuit Team member with oversight for your church on the Circuit Team page.
For all enquiries and contact related to Safeguarding or Safeguarding training in the Methodist Church, North Bedfordhsire Circuit, please use our new email address
The District Safeguarding Co-ordinator is Gill Crippen, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 07793 012215
CCPAS: the Churches' Child Protection Advisory service
0845 120 4550 Childline: 0800 1111 Silverline: 0800 470 80 90 National Domestic Violence Help Line: 0808 2000 247 Police Protection Unit: 01234 846 960 NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
- 24 hour help line on safeguarding children & vulnerable adults
Childline: 0800 1111
Silverline: 0800 470 80 90
National Domestic Violence Help Line: 0808 2000 247
Police Protection Unit: 01234 846 960
NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
The Methodist Connexional and National Website Safeguarding Page
The Methodist District Website Safeguarding Page
www.nspcc.org.uk has many useful resources, including research studies and fact sheets.
www.stopitnow.org.uk is a freephone confidential helpline for people with concerns about child sexual abuse which gives advice, support and information. Tel: 0808 1000 900
www.childrenandyouth.org.uk is the Methodist Church children and youth web page.
DBS checks: there are new guidelines for DBS checks (as part of Safer Recruitment)
Safeguarding Incident Record Keeping: there are new guidelines available on the connexion website. These guidelines include two templates for churches and circuits, available on the Downloads page.
Safeguarding in LEP's: New guidelines are available on the connexion website
To correct or add to information on this page, please contact the website manager on 01234 825246 or email@example.com